ELIGIBILITY & POLICIES
GBC Policies and Eligibility
Businesses must register with the GBC Coordinator at Sustainable Works by calling 310.458.8716 x2, before pursuing certification and/or obtaining the required Water and Energy efficiency assessments.
-Lotus East-West Medical Center
- Businesses must be open for business minimum 3 months before registering for Green Business Certification.
Businesses must be located in Santa Monica.
- Must have a minimum of 5 employees and 500 square feet of office space.
- If your business does not fit into one of the sectors listed on the checklist, STOP and do not pursue certification until you have spoken to the GBC Coordinator at Sustainable Works.
- If submitted checklists are incomplete upon receipt, businesses will be notified and allotted 90 days to provide missing information. Otherwise, after 90 days incomplete checklists and (uncashed) check will be returned to the business.
- Onsite verification must be scheduled within 6 months after submitting completed GBC checklist.
- If a business does not schedule onsite verification within 6 months of submitting checklist, money and checklist will be returned.
- If a business does not pass the required onsite verification, they are allotted 90 days to complete the corrective measures necessary to obtain certification. One additional onsite verification visit will be scheduled at no charge.
- If a business does not perform the corrective measures within 90 days of the first onsite assessment, and therefore fail the second onsite verification visit, they must re-register for the program and pay an additional fee.